‘Zoom App not safe’, A Real Danger, Govt Warn On Video Platform know what is the danger The Ministry of Home Affairs has declared the popular Zoom app as unsafe for video call and video conferencing. According to the advisory of the Cyber Co-ordination Center of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Zoom is not a safe platform. Recently, this app also overtook Tiktok, WhatsApp in terms of popularity. This app has been downloaded more than 5 crore times.
The Home Ministry has called the popular Zoom app for video call video conferencing unsafe. And what made this Zoom app attract everyone was the ‘Make in India’ program.
Know its benefits
- Close caption option should also be given during the chat.
- The app has audio / video recording facilities.
- No additional hardware part is required to operate the app.
- The app should be accessible on all types of devices like mobile and desktop etc.
- There should be a chat option during the conference call.
- This may be a browser and / or app-based interface.
- Screen / file-sharing can be done through the app.
- The app should also work on low power / processor.
- Should have encrypted network communication feature.
- To join the conference, both sign-in and non-sign-in options should be there.
- Like zoom, many participants can participate in multiple conferences at one time in this app.
Significantly, lockdown has been done in many countries around the world and people are being asked to stay in their homes. In such a situation, many people are using the Zoom app for video calls and video conferencing. But the Zoom app has also been in controversy in recent times. Questions have been raised on the app regarding the dangers of privacy.
‘Zoom App not safe’, A Real Danger, Govt Warn On Video Platform know what is the danger
What are the problems behind using it?
- Recently it was revealed that personal emails and photos can be leaked from the zoom app. It has a feature of the company directory so that hackers can hack email etc.
- Zoom claimed that end-to-end encryption is used in the app to protect users. But this claim turned out to be false.
- Technology like HTTPS is used for security in zoom. This allows the video call to be considered secure, but hackers can decrypt the call.
- American Entrepreneur Elon Musk’s company SpaceX has banned the use of the zoom app in view of the threat of privacy.
- The Zoom app has been a victim of Zoombombing recently. Zoombombing is that activity when suddenly offensive content is broadcast during video conferencing. Such as hate speech or porn video.
- It was revealed in a report that the zoom app is sending data of users to Facebook, especially those users who do not use Facebook.
- In some reports, it was claimed that hackers can activate the camera of Apple MacBook users using the zoom app.
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) says, “Zoom is not a safe platform”, issues advisory for those who want to use it. Zoom is an online video-conferencing
Read Also : PM Modi will address the country at 10 am
Google has banned the zoom video conferencing app for its employees. The company has taken this step in view of security. After the corona virus epidemic has spread in the world, the popularity of zoom has increased, because through this app people are able to do their professional work easily and are talking to family and friends far away from their own.