Nirbhaya Case Update: Got Justice after 7 years

Nirbhaya Case Update: Got Justice after 7 years : Mukesh, Akshay, Vinay and Pawan, convicted for the gangrape and murder of Nirbhaya, were hanged early morning. After more than seven years, Nirbhaya finally got justice. After the death sentence was pronounced by the court, many dates were fixed for the execution, but the convicts survived some trick.

Nirbhaya Case Update: Justice finally done, Nirbhaya’s accused hanged

New Delhi Nirbhaya Case Update: The four convicts were hanged at around 5.30 am on Friday, 16 December 2012 in the gang rape and murder case of a woman. With this, this terrible chapter of sexual harassment which shook the country came to an end. Mukesh Singh (32), Pawan Gupta (25), Vinay Sharma (26) and Akshay Kumar Singh (31) were hanged at five thirty in the morning.

The 23-year-old victim of the case was named “Nirbhaya”, a student of physiotherapy. Tihar Jail Director General Sandeep Goyal said, “Doctors examined the bodies and declared the four dead.” Jail officials said that the bodies of the four convicts kept hanging on the noose for about half an hour which hanged as per the jail manual. Following is a mandatory process. Four convicts were hanged together for the first time in Tihar Jail, the largest prison complex in South Asia. There are more than 16,000 prisoners in this prison.

Nirbhaya’s convicts petition were dismissed

The four convicts made full use of all their legal options to avoid being hanged and the case was heard till Thursday night. After these convicts were sentenced to death in this case of gang rape and murder, the dates for the execution of the sentence were fixed three times but the hanging was postponed.

Finally this morning the four convicts were hanged. Walking the last step, a convict approached the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court a few hours before the execution. Hours before the hanging, Pawan Kumar Gupta moved the Supreme Court, challenging the President’s second mercy petition being rejected.

The hearing commenced at an unprecedented two and a half hours and lasted for an hour. A bench of the Supreme Court rejected his plea and cleared the way for the execution. The court refused to give any order even allowing Gupta and Akshay Singh to meet their family members before hanging.

Relieved of finally getting justice for her daughter after a seven-year-long legal battle, Nirbhaya’s parents said they would continue “their fight for India’s daughters”.

We finally got justice.

Nirbhaya’s mother Asha Devi told reporters after the hanging, “We finally got justice. We will continue our fight for the daughters of India. Justice was delayed but justice was done. She said that now women will definitely feel safe after hanging the culprits. She said that the whole country was awake and waiting for justice. Hundreds of people gathered outside Tihar Jail in the early hours of Friday. They had the national flag in his hands and was raising slogans of ‘Amar Raho Nirbhaya’ and ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’. As soon as the hanging took place, there was a wave of happiness in them.

Nirbhaya Case Update: Justice finally done, Nirbhaya‘s convicts were hanged

Nirbhaya was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus after being gang-raped, injured and thrown down the street by a moving bus on a cold winter night. The incident on 16 December 2012 shook the soul of the entire country and people took to the streets demanding justice for Nirbhaya. After battling for life for a fortnight, Nirbhaya finally succumbed in a hospital in Singapore.

Nirbhaya Case Update: Got Justice after 7 years

Read Also :

Recommended For You

About the Author: Bustle World

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *