Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Since PAN is a necessary KYC requirement for bank accounts, linking the Aadhaar with PAN will automatically link an individual’s Aadhaar with his/her bank accounts. This will make it easier for the Income Tax Department to track everyone’s transactions.
Don’t forget to link PAN Card to Aadhaar card, otherwise problems will increase
If you have not yet linked the PAN card to the Aadhaar Card, then it is important news for you. The deadline for linking the Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the Aadhaar card was March 31. However, it has now been extended to March 2021. If you have not yet linked the PAN-Aadhaar card to each other, then your problem may increase. The Income Tax Department has extended the deadline for linking PAN and Aadhaar card for the eighth time.
PAN card will be considered invalid
Earlier, the rule was that if you do not link Aadhaar and PAN card before the deadline, then the PAN card will consider as invalid.Illegal means that it will assume that you do not have a PAN card. However, now it will not consider as operative, i.e. from January 1, 2020, you will not able to do any work related to income tax, investment or loan. It is mandatory for these works to have PAN and Aadhaar linked to each other.
The central government had earlier set a deadline to link the PAN card to its Aadhaar card by December 31, which had increased to March 31. Now this date has extended upto March 2021.
This is how you can get a link sitting at home
For official information of Income Tax Department, visit website
www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Click on the link Aadhaar option on the left. If your account is not created then register first. After login, choose profile settings on the open page. Now you have to choose the Aadhaar card option. Fill your Aadhaar card information and captcha code here. After that, click on the link base option below.
To link PAN-Aadhaar card through SMS by sending a messages to 567678 or 56161.
Click here to link PAN-AADHAAR card to each other.
Easy way to link PAN-Aadhaar, status will be checked
Read Also : The deadline for having your PAN-Aadhaar card number is 31 December 2019. Government has extended the deadline for linking PAN-Aadhaar cards seven times. The deadline for enlisting the 7th time is set to 31 December. If you have not yet made your Aadhaar card and PAN in the list with each other. So you only have 1 day left.
According to the new government rule, if you do not link the PAN card with the Aadhaar card by 31 December 2019, then your PAN card will become invalid (Invalid). Which means it will assume that you do not have a PAN card. In such a situation, you will have to face difficulties in performing many other bank related tasks.
PAN-Aadhaar linking; Know how to link PAN-Aadhaar online
Follow these steps to link your Aadhaar-PAN together.
- First step- Firstly you have to go to the official website of Income Tax (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in). Where you will see the option to link PAN-Aadhaar. Click on the link given on the website of IT (Pan Aadhaar Link Online).
- Second step – enter your PAN number.
- Third step – Put your Aadhaar number at the asked place.
- Fourth step- Fill your name written in Aadhaar in the correct category.
- Step five – If only the birth year has written on your Aadhaar card, then mark it on the box where it has written – I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card.
- Step Six – If you want to check your Aadhaar details with UIDAI, then tick the box with ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’.
- Step Seven – To you will also have to fill the image code that appears on the screen. If you are facing any problem in this step then you can also request for OTP. Huh.
- Step Eighth – After this, click on the link Aadhaar option to link the Aadhaar PAN.
Read Also : Get Aadhaar linked by PAN card by 31 March
How to check Aadhaar PAN status check
You can visit the income tax department website to know the status of your PAN Aadhaar link online.